Thursday, April 26, 2012

What cable do I need to hook my new graphic card to my new monitor?

Nvidia® GeForce® GTX560Ti with 1.25GB Memory

Dell ST2420L 24-inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor with LED



What is the name of the cable I need to buy? There are so many different types I am having trouble finding the exact one on Amazon :(|||Your monitor should have an HDMI(Slim and Narrow), DVI(Bunch of Holes), and maybe VGA(Blue with Holes) ports. And your graphics card should have DVI, and I know that Nvidia GPU's use mini HDMI instead of a regular HDMI port. So you could get the following types of cables:



DVI to DVI

DVI to HDMI

HDMI to HDMI



I'd recommend the HDMI to HDMI cable but remember since your GPU will have a Mini HDMI port, you will have to buy an HDMI to Mini HDMI adapter. Glad to help.|||If the connector on the back of your monitor has a blue connector then it is called " VGA" and if it is white then it can also take a "DVI" but make sure what ever cable you do buy that you have the same corresponding connector on the back of your tower.|||Most monitors come with cables DVI or VGA

No comments:

Post a Comment